Saturday, April 4, 2009

Pic-Story 1: Ryan rides a Bike
























































































I started out on my quest to find Dr.Pepper
today with a bike ride to the "City Shop" 
which is a Taiwanese owned supermarket
that imports food byproducts from around
the world to Shanghai. There are 8 city shop
locations in Shanghai and I got about 7 miles 
into the ride when I realized that I had no idea
where any one of these shops were located. To
exacerbate things, it began to rain fairly hard 
and the dense fog that covered the city made my
biking points of reference (i.e. Jinmao Tower,
Oriental Pearl TV Tower) were no longer visible.
To make a long story short, I got caked in mud 
from all of the roads that are currently under
construction for the Shanghai 2010 Expo. So,
roughly an hour later, I returned home without
any Dr.Pepper. I did however manage to get 
quite a few looks from the locals. 

But I guess I am a 6'2" westerner with a dirty
mustache riding a John Deere Tractor fixed gear
in the rain with one pant leg rolled up and my 
"italia" cycling cap with the bill popped up. 

That'll get looks just about anywhere.

2 comments: